Saturday 25 April 2009

Milan Design week, My Favorites




Milan Design Week was as expected Mad. It was an overload of Design, products, people, objects and items. However it was inspiring and worth going. Its making me as always reposition myself as a Designer. I still wonder whether I am a Designer, am I? I might be a satellite of creativity but not with the deep soul of commercial design. So perhaps I should define myself as a satellite of creative conceptual input with no commercial output?
My mind has a thousand ideas but I'm either too ahead of the game or too far a part from it. When will be the right timing? Anyhow folks , it was great to see so many people out there designing, good or bad people are out there believing in their ideas and going ahead. Is there room for more, I wonder.
Can we sustain so many ideas? There has been many focus on eco-friendly, sustainable design, which is the new trend as you hear it nearly at every corner. Opulence was another big theme. Minimalism wasnt part of Milan design week.

Picture 1 : Cerith Wyn Evans - I=N=V=O=C=A=T=I=O=N Milan
Picture 2: Papier Mache furniture FuioriSalone
Picture 3: Cloud Designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec- Ligne Roset Milan ISalone

No comments:

Squidee will light differently according to where you stand

Squidee will light differently according to where you stand
©clementinedebos 2009

Creative Pattern Re-Cipe

Creative Pattern Re-Cipe
Tarpaulin Embellished ©clementinedebos 2009

Creative Pattern Re-Cipe

Creative Pattern Re-Cipe
Tarpaulin Embellished ©clementinedebos 2009